Wednesday 10 August 2011

WIP Wednesday 5


Bit of a brief post this week as I am away at my mums. This week I have been working some more on my Tunisian crochet blanket and have finished the next colour on it (only 5 more stripes to go)



I also started last night a Bavarian style crochet shawl. I have tried to pick some summery colours for this one as I already have quite a few dark coloured shawls and thought light colours would be nice for a change.


I still have all the rest of the things on the go I had last week as well apart from the knitting needle roll I finished last week.

For more WIP please see Tamis Blog I will try and look at everyone else's through today as I get chance :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the colours of your blanket, so soft and summery :) That shawl pattern looks beautiful too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you picked for the shawl! Hmmm, I've never heard of Bavarian style crochet. Can't wait to see it develop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that shawl looks like fun. good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Beautiful Shawl and love the afghan. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/08/wip-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is already looking good and love the cool colours in the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors on the blanket and the shawl. I'm such a sucker for anything striped! Hope you enjoy your visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really interested in that Bavarian shawl. What pattern are you using? It's looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks everyone for the lovely comments,

    Denise the patterns is from a book called Learn to do Bavarian Crochet. It has a few different patterns for blankets, a shawl, bag, waistcoat in. It basically uses the same stitch for everything so once you figure that out its fairly straight forward to do. I think on ravelry the same stitch in a blanket is also called the wooleater pattern

    ReplyDelete