Wednesday 9 November 2011

WIP Wednesday 14


Is it Wednesday again already. I'm sure the weeks are getting shorter. OK so what have I been up to this week.

Firstly I've made a crochet Poppy from a pattern a friend from NM's has written. It looks great and is straightforward to make so if anyone is still in need of a poppy for Friday she has provided the pattern free on Ravelry here


I've worked some more on the zen jacket for the CAL and its coming along nicely now.


I've also been spinning this week. I've had a total fail when it comes to spinning on my new wheel, a secondhand hitchhiker. I just cannot get it right but my spinning has been getting alot better with my traditional.



thats a little overspun but at least the thickness is more even.

nearly no bits I can see overspun in this though. Yey


I did these on Monday and filled another bobbin with the various brights last night. I've got a jumbo flyer on the way so am going to wait to ply them till that arrives.

The other thing I've been playing with is making crochet necklaces and bracelets. I've been playing at making up my own pattern for the first time as an idea of giving them as Christmas presents maybe. I've no pictures at the moment but if I get the sizing figured out I'll do some then.

For more WIP posts please see Tamis blog and have a look at what everyones been up to this week

2 comments:

  1. I love the bright colours of your handspun, so pretty. Cute poppy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poppy & the jacket. The bright colours are great!

    ReplyDelete