Wednesday 20 March 2013

New Yarn

It was Red Nose Day in aid of Comic Relief last weekend and I decided to break my no more yarn rule and buy a few skeins from the Knitting Goddess seen as she was donating part of every purchase made over the weekend (she donated over £1300 in the end to comic relief which I think is a fantastic sum to raise so well done to them).
 
I had gone on in hope of one colourway I'd seen in the preview post on her blog but unfortunately I wasn't quick enough and it had already sold out. Instead I ended up with three skeins in the colourways Violet Meadow, Isle Esme and Volturi Palace.



I've already picked what I think I'm going to make with them. Volturi Palace is made up of 100 grams in the one colour and a complementing 20g in the second. It was part of the knitting goddess's monthly sock club called when vampires knit socks based on twilight for anyone who hadn't already guessed that, it is going to be made into I think Belle Epoque Shawl.


Isle Esme (also from the when vampires knit socks range) is lovely shades of blue, yellow and green and am hoping it will make a change from the colours I usually go for and give me something nice and summery. It will be used to make either Glam Shells or Clapo-Ktus I'm leaning more towards the Glam Shells at the moment.


Finally violet meadow is the lovely green and purple shaded skein and I think I'd like to use it to make Simply Seashells but again I could go with Clapo-Ktus instead or use something else from my stash for that perhaps.
 
All the skeins are 75% superwash merino and 25% nylon sock weight, 100g (425m). I've bought from the knitting goddess several times now and can highly recommend them for both service and quality of the yarns I've received.

No comments:

Post a Comment